We talked about astrology & natal birth charts in our Podcast episode on how to get started and understand your birth chart. While just knowing “your sign” or which element you are won’t give you the whole picture, I do think it is interesting to look at each of these and what they may represent.
The elements are more broad-scoping, so it can be hard to pin down specifics that apply to everyone, but below are some of the characteristics that are commonly associated with these elements.
What is each element most likely to do or feel?
- Air (Gemini, Libra, & Aquarius) is most likely to…
- Ghost you, or a project… get excited about the new one and move on to the next
- Come off as shallow when you first meet them, but actually have lots of depth & intelligence
- Be extroverted & enjoy talking to people
- Earth (Taurus, Virgo, & Capricorn) is most likely to…
- Ignore or avoid intense or uncomfortable feelings
- Get married young, or stay with the same job for a long time since they value stability & loyalty
- Own a snuggie or tons of soft blankets, since they love anything that feels luxurious and comfy
- Fire (Aries, Leo, & Sagittarius) is most likely to…
- Act cocky or over project confidence when they’re actually feeling insecure
- Work hard & party just as hard, since they are task oriented & definitely know how to have a good time
- Value autonomy & get annoyed when someone is too clingy
- Water (Cancer, Pisces, & Scorpio) is most likely to…
- Apologize for taking so long to get back you and then leave you on received again
- Seem cold & mysterious at first, but actually be super caring once you get to know them
- Accurately judge someone’s character or intentions, even if they don’t know them that well
Infographic (Zodiac elements most likely to…)
What are the characteristics of each astrology element?
I will outline some of the commonly noted characteristics for each, but I also want to point you to a resource that I found when I was doing some research for the podcast. This site (Zodiac Fire) gives more detail and I felt gave the most accurate explanations for these based on my research. It was also spot on for people I know in each of these elements.
- Elusive, intelligent, flighty, adventurous, good communicators (Air sign traits article from Zodiac Fire)
- Value stability and comfort, practical, impatient, stubborn, dependable (Earth sign traits article from Zodiac Fire)
- Passionate, task-oriented, egotistical, impulsive, good instincts (Fire sign traits article from Zodiac Fire)
- Empathetic, good judge of character, emotional, easily distracted, guarded or hard to get to know, creative (Water signs traits article from Zodiac Fire)
Erin is ambitious, sarcastic and optimistic. She values authenticity, education and personal growth. Read More…