There is a lot more that goes into getting ready to launch a podcast than hitting record and sending your audio out.
Current status… as I write this we are not yet live with this website. Below is an outline of what we have done so far…
- Content planning (content calendar, episode topics… we have SO many ideas!)
- Set-up an email account: email@example.com
- Marketing basics – created a logo and brand guide to outline colors, fonts, etc.
- Picked a hosting site (we are using Buzzsprout… tried to go with free options initially but ultimately felt the low cost options at Buzzsprout were well worth the investment.)
- Recorded and edited audio on our trailer
- Acquired domain/url for this site (boomtequila.com – heyy)
- Submitted our trailer to iTunes, Spotify and a few other platforms
So… once we have this site live (by the time anyone sees this it will be) then we can finish submitting the trailer with our channel info to the various podcast platforms. Once we are approved and officially a channel on all platforms we will be launching out first episode!
We are planning to post one new episode a week and are so excited for all the content we have planned. I’m sure we will get better as we go, but I think we are in a good place and off to a good start!